Today(04/20/2013) The coaches(U15, Stone Crabs of Miami Florida), allowed players from a High School lacrosse team to play in order to win a youth lacrosse game.As a parent, I complained to the head coach that this was not right.

Many of the kids that have paid for the league and go to practice every week, did not receive playing time. These coaches are not teaching kids the importance of good sportsmanship, however in the end the other team won!! I am glad for this. These coaches did not play fairly and in the end it did not even help them.

Shame on YOU, You are teaching your own kid, that as a coach you have no INTEGRITY.Cheaters never win.

Had an Experience with Stone Crab Lacrosse?

Comments

Miami, Florida, United States #828102

Correction, yes you were the only one nagging, you went to the other side and started telling the other team's coach that YOUR SON'S team was cheating, we were not cheating, you were just mad because your son did not play much, you acted like an inmature spoiled kid and everybody laughed at you.

Miami, Florida, United States #819513

This post was over a year ago 4/20/2013..This in no way reflects the direction of the club to date(05/24/2014).

I would hope that the coaching staff has improved beyond what occurred that day. I was not the only parent that was upset by the actions of the coaches on that particular day, but was the only parent who spoke out.

Coaches have the opportunity to teach kids, dedication, responsibility, leadership and personal growth. Kids who play sports are usually well balanced and are able to navigate through life in positive ways.

Many coaches tarnish organized sports due to their own insecurities, "win/losses".

In retrospect, I could have stood by and said nothing, like many did that afternoon, however my commitment to right and wrong did not allow me to stand by. I would hope that anyone reading these comments, will also stand up for all kids playing sports. To all of the dedicated coaches who model those leadership qualities that help kids have morals and ethics, keep up the great work!!

To the anonymous responses, my kid did play that day and the core team players were there.

Spring break was March 25th thru 29th 2013, not on the day or month that they played, April 20, 2013!

Mr.Bostick

Miami, Florida, United States #816770

Is Mr. Bostick still crying about this???? JaJaJa!

Miami, Florida, United States #806475

Hi.First and foremost, these kids that showed up to help field at team because most of the parents didn't bring their kids because of the spring break.

Secondly, yes, U15 can have High School kids play, who are Freshmen. Those are the kids that help out. You may be pissed, and you are entitled to your feelings, but if it wasn't for the kids willing to pitch in to field a full team, your kid and the rest wouldn't have been able to play.

So before spouting off, get your facts straight.You only hurt your kid, who was embarrassed because you stomping and screaming, the whining to the other team's coaches.